What a month. What a year.
2019 was a hard working year, and December was no exception. The first half of the month was all about finishing up work, getting our scholarship kids graduated, and wishing the holiday break would hurry up and get here already.
But now that I’m in the middle of my vacation, I’m surprised by how much there is to do around the house, and how busy I’ve been. It’s okay though because it’s the kind of busy that I enjoy – busy with creative projects, cooking, and cleaning. Not that I like cleaning, but I like a clean home.
This month I didn’t go anywhere exciting or different, but interestingly, I noticed recently that the stairs near work got a makeover. Isn’t that funny how we walk by the same places, and then, wait, what is that?
Sometimes I get into the bad habit of looking at my phone before bed, even though I’m already reading on my Kindle. And not too long ago, I looked at the news because Google has that horrible ‘trending’ page when you want to search something.
So I saw some seriously depressing news (surprise!), and the next morning I went back to a website I knew about, the Good News Network, but this time decided to sign up for their newsletter. I’ve got to warn you though, if you’re a sensitive soul like me, the news will make your heart burst over the absolute acts of kindness.
I’ll leave you with the newsletter quote that I saw this morning,
May the tears you cried in 2019 water the seeds you’re planting for 2020.
Happy New Year, my friends.
If you’d like to participate in Su’s monthly challenge here it is.
About The Changing Seasons
The Changing Seasons is a monthly challenge where bloggers around the world share what’s been happening in their month.
If you would like to join in, here are the guidelines:
The Changing Seasons Version One (photographic):
- Each month, post 5-20 photos in a gallery that you feel represent your month
- Don’t use photos from your archive. Only new shots.
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so that others can find them
The Changing Seasons Version Two (you choose the format):
- Each month, post a photo, recipe, painting, drawing, video, whatever that you feel says something about your month
- Don’t use archive stuff. Only new material!
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so others can find them.
How was your December?