Apparently, the Liebster Award is of mysterious origins but here is what My Crazy, New York, Post-Grad Life had to say about it:
Basically, the Liebster Award is a Favorite Blog Award – Liebster is German for “favorite”. It is awarded to a blog that has less than 200 followers. It’s a great way to interact with other smaller blogs and to get everyone more connected!
Then I found We Loved Here and this is what they said:
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
So as I’ve been snooping around the ‘net learning about this award, I’ve been discovering new blogs and I think this is a lovely way to appreciate and recognize others. So here we go, the rules:
1. Recognize the totally fabulous blogger who nominated you!
2. Write 11 things about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
4. Nominate new bloggers
5. Write 11 questions of your own for the bloggers you nominate.
Number 1: Thank you Otter at The Flying Armchair for nominating me!
Number 2: Okay, 11 things about me…
1. I’m left-handed.
2. I have 2 blogs and I’m going to start a 3rd one on writing.
3. When people give speeches I think about how I could do a better job. It could be vanity or it could be a strange competitive side that has unforeseen results or effects.
4. My favorite color used to be blue but then I thought it’s time to change it (why? why?) and so it is now green and pink.
5. The title of my autobiography would be ‘Teach Yourself How to Levitate’.
6. When I was 4 or 5yrs old, riding on the back of my father’s bicycle, I stuck my foot in the moving wheel because I was curious what would happen if I did…yeahhhhh.
7. I used to put Ken on top of Barbie.
8. I like to crochet when the weather is frightful (aka cold).
9. Enamored with all things British since teenage years, (not sure why), really like BBC romance specials. And yes, I watch Downton Abbey.
10. Used to dream in Spanish so I went to live and work in a Spanish speaking country, Ecuador. Now I sometimes dream in Thai!
11. My motto is ‘everyone is a teacher.’
Number 3: Answering the big questions…
What was your biggest dream growing up, and what is your dream now? Honestly? It was to go to college, to leave Hawaii, and now it’s be a fabulous famous writer.
What is your favorite ethnic food? I live in Thailand and I grew up in Hawaii where ethnic food is everyday food, so ethnic = exotic and exotic = different, so that would be Mexican!
What is the top item on your bucket list? Good question. More travel and becoming that fabulous famous writer.
If you had to choose between only being able to read or watch tv for the rest of your life, what would you choose? In the words of Darth Vader, “all too easy” – it would be read, read, and more reading.
If you could meet your clone, would you? No, is my first answer. Yes, is my second.
What is the most embarrassing thing that’s happened to you while away from home? That my friend is a long list, but I will say in junior high when I got my ‘monthly visitor’ and I was wearing a light pink jumpsuit.
Do you prefer the harmony of society in Asia or the individuality of society in America? The latter for me. But we really need both freedom and cooperation/harmony to thrive in a functional society.
Do you think learning cursive writing is a waste of time? Nah, it’s a lost art.
In your opinion, what was the greatest invention of the 20th century? The temptation to say cornflakes or crayons is strong but I’ll go with the good ‘ol fashioned Internet.
Could you survive for a week without internet? Of course. It would hurt less than say, coffee.
Do you prefer public transport or having a car? Depends where you live. But I like being as green as possible, so I’ll go with public.
Number 4: I’d like to nominate (and I don’t know how many followers you have, it’s okay, it’s about graciously receiving an award) – Kimfucius says…, the Art of Eric Kuns, Zooey at the etheral kiosk, Ashley at WordTraveler and J, A and M at GotPassport.
Number 5: Now it’s my turn to ask the questions! (*rubs hands*)
1. Coffee or tea?
2. What kinds of movies do you like and why?
3. If you were a food, what would you be? Why?
4. Do you believe in reincarnation?
5. What is a (nighttime) dream you’ve had that you wish would come true?
6. If you could change ONE thing about the world what would it be?
7. What is an attractive quality about the opposite sex?
8. Name a book that has changed your outlook on life.
9. If you were in a soap opera, would you play an evil or good character?
10. What is love?
11. What would your 6 word memoir be?
Thanks again Otter and “Mr/Mrs? Liebster” for a fun and thoughtful idea. Looking forward to hearing the answers and discovering new blogs!